Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Meterpreter and Windows NT

From: Marco Polo <titjow () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 16:05:54 +0000

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:51:11 -0500
From: lists.infosec () gmail com
To: framework () spool metasploit com
Subject: [framework] Meterpreter and Windows NT

In a recent assessment I ran across a bunch of NT servers and I think I found a bug in a couple meterpreter commands.
After a successful 06-040 exploit attempt and an established meterpreter session when I try "shell" I get:  [-]
stdapi_sys_process_execute: Operation failed: 6

The next thing that there seems to be a problem with is the new hashdump command, I get the following error: [-] Error
running command hashdump: Rex::TimeoutError Operation timed out.

If I use the meterpreter script hashdump it works just fine, I know they use different techniques to pull the hashes so
I am guessing that it is a legacy NT problem.

Oh, I'm running metasploit 3.3.4-dev  svn 8964.

Thanks,
   Jay

Hi,
 I have the same issue on some french xp sp2 and sp3 since at least 2 weeks (i don't know since which revision i have
this problem).
the stdapi is loaded and i have the system rights (via getsystem or getprivs with the use priv extension)
i tried it with an exe i generate wia msfpayload.
If you want more info about the system i used just tell, i dont know if it could help you.

Thanks,

JoW