Metasploit mailing list archives

ERROR: This server is not replying to recursive requests

From: Janantha Marasinghe <janantha () techcert lk>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 11:06:09 +0530

Hi,

I have compiled BIND 9.4.1 on a Ubuntu 9.10 server. I have set the
recursion parameter on named.conf to yes and also allowed
allow-query-cache to any. I tested the setup by setting the recursion to
no and query the server and it replies with the root server IP's . So it
does have recursion on. But when I checked it on metasploit it gives me
the error

ERROR: This server is not replying to recursive requests

How can this happen since I checked the recursion functionality.

I used the following to configure metasploit to test this.

use auxiliary/spoof/dns/bailiwicked_host
set hostname www.facebook.com
set newaddr 157.166.224.26
set srcport 53
set rhost 192.168.2.105

If you could help me that would be great!.
Thanks

JayD