Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Exploit Type Local

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 23:21:31 -0500

On 5/19/2010 9:36 PM, Javier wrote:
Hi everbody, I have a question:

I see in /msf3/lib/msf/core/exploit the type of exploits, and i can't
find the class for "Local Exploits" Msf::Exploit::Local where is she?

Other: this class no have nothing of documentation, my exploit have to
exec a program vulnerable with a argument "the typic AAAAAAAAAA...",
there are a bult-in code in Local Exploits or the execute with exec?

Support for local exploits is still a stub at this point; if you want to
test it out, use the standard Remote exploit type and the existing
payloads, but just set RHOST 127.0.0.1. We may look into expanding local
exploits at some point, but it rarely makes sense to install all of
metasploit in order to abuse a local vulnerability.

-HD