Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: nmap xml import with no os info

From: egypt () metasploit com
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 11:04:41 -0600

That's actually a design decision since nmap is really bad at guessing
if it doesn't have 100% accurate info (and even then sometimes it will
say it is definitely 100% one of these 5 operating systems).  All of
the OS info is stored in a note ('db_notes' to see it), but doesn't
get set in the host info directly.

egypt