Metasploit mailing list archives

encoding problem

From: Varga-Perke Balint <vpbalint () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:24:18 +0200

Dear List,

I'm trying to convert a PoC exploit into a MSF module. I can only use
alphanumeric shellcode so I set
'Payload'=>'EncoderType'=>Msf::Encoder::Type::AlphanumMixed, which
seems to work fine in the means that the payload is encoded into
alphanumeric, however the exploit doesn't work as expected. I debugged
the application while running the exploit and it turned out that I
reach the encoded payload normally, but after a few bytes of
instructions I get access violation while trying to access strange
memory locations (like 0x00000030).  I experienced the same behaviour
while using an egghunter with Encoder::Alpha2::AlphaMixed.encode(). Do
you have any ideas what I do wrong, or how I could debug the encoded
payload? It seems that the payload gets into the memory unchanged, and
the exploit works fine if I use hardcoded shellcode (that was actually
encoded by msfencode).

Thank you very much:

--
Varga-Perke Balint