Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Question about db_autopwn

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:27:23 -0500

On 3/24/2010 9:08 AM, Craig Freyman wrote:
My test "victim" machine is an XP box with SP3 and no other patches.
Nessus reports 77 high vulnerabilities using a credential scan. When I
import the results into metasploit with db_import_nessus_xml and run
db_autopown -t -x I only see 4 matching exploits:

Am I doing something wrong or does db_autopwn not report back on browser
vulns? For example, I tested the aurora exploit and it worked fine, but
it did not show up as a matching exploit.

Any ideas?

The db_autopwn command skips client-side exploits, since they would
require action from the client to exploit and autopwn is an
active-attack tool.

-HD