Metasploit mailing list archives

Encoding an Exe file with msfencode

From: Danux <danuxx () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 03:50:02 -0500

Hey List:

I have a working trojan in a windows box, the problem is that it is
being caught by AVG so after many hours trying to bypass AVG by
modifying my XOR Encoder I gave up, so I was trying to use msfencode
to bypass AVG but since it is a exe file and not a raw one the program
is undetected by AVG but useless since it is not working any more.

I know that msfencode expects a raw file instead of an exe but
wondering if there is a way to revert from exe to raw in order to
encode only .text section without affecting the functionality.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Danux!!