Metasploit mailing list archives

connecting to meterpreter without the framework?

From: chris <mannkoepke () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 22:33:07 -0500

Hey All,
I am playing around with the framework and I am wondering if it's possible to connect to a meterpreter socket with netcat or telnet or the like. The reason I ask is I have something in mind which needs to be portable _and_ encoded to avoid av. Meterpreter is almost perfect for the project I have in mind but it needs to be connected to a server on the victim machine and metasploit is a bit fat and spread out(especially in windows) to work the way I need it to. If no such program exists I will set about writing one but if I'm just missing something I'd rather not reinvent the wheel.
Thanks.

haxwithaxe