Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Encoding when multi/handler

From: Robin Wood <dninja () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 21:38:59 +0000

I've talked to Mubix about this and he agreed that the encoder wouldn't
actually be used so it is redundant.

As this is the multi handler all it is doing is accepting connections, the
way the exploit was encoded, or not, doesn't affect it. If it did you would
have a hard job setting up a handler for an exe that had been passed through
shikata_ga_nai 10 times then through a few othwrs for good measure.

Robin