Metasploit mailing list archives

question on building a module

From: corelanc0d3r <corelanc0d3r () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:07:41 +0200

Hi,

I'm building some sort of fuzzer in metasploit, but I'm getting some
unexpected results

some code highlights :

class Metasploit3 < Msf::Auxiliary
    include Msf::Auxiliary::Scanner
    include Msf::Exploit::Remote::Tcp

   def initialize
   end

   def run_host(ip)
       count=10
       while count < 10000
           connect
           fuzzdata = "A" * count
           print_status("Sending #{count} bytes")
           sock.put(fuzzdata)
           disconnect
           count+=10
       end
   end
end

when I run the module, the iteration (while count < 10000) stops after
a very limited number of runs... sometimes 15 runs, sometimes after 35
runs... but it never goes all the way (until the socket stops
responding).  It looks like some sort of  timer kicks in and stops the
iteration after one or two seconds...

All I'm getting is something like this :
[*] Sending 250 bytes
[*] Sending 260 bytes
[*] Sending 270 bytes
[*] Sending 280 bytes
[*] Sending 290 bytes
[*] Sending 300 bytes
[*] Sending 310 bytes
[*] Sending 320 bytes
[*] Auxiliary module execution completed

What am I doing wrong here ?  Or is something broken in the version I am using ?
I am running framework3.3-dev

tx