Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Cannot install NeXpose

From: Nicolas RUFF <nicolas.ruff () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:15:33 +0100

        Hello again,

I troubleshooted the issue :)

From "./nexpose -console", I have the following error message:

1.
com.installshield.nexposev4.event.dialog.console.PanelWelcomeConsoleImpl, err,
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date:
"java.lang.NullPointerException (message="null", no arguments)"
2. java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date:
"java.lang.NullPointerException (message="null", no arguments)"
3. at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:337)
(...)

So it seems that "something" (either InstallShield or NeXpose itself) is
trying to parse dates. Since my default locale is not US/English, this
fails. Switching Ubuntu default locale from France/French to US/English
makes it work.

Regards,
- Nicolas RUFF