Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Metasploit 3.3 in Windows 2008 Server

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:06:24 -0600

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 02:55 +0000, Genesys SecTI wrote:
I have downloaded and installed the metaspoit-3.3 in the Windows
Server 2008 PT, installation is ok, but when try to run, it just
open the "black screen", past 3 seconds, and closes. It happened with
msfconsole and msfupdate. Where I can found a log or something who
helps me/us to find the problem?

Try running it as Administrator - you should see something like
"Configuring multi-user permissions for first run"... If this doesn't
show up, you can try looking under $INST\msf3\home\<user>\.msf3\logs but
this likely wont exist if you dont see the first message.

-HD