Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Exploit Browser (early view)

From: MaXe <metafan () intern0t net>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:58:51 +0100

I like it quite much as well.

I think your idea sounds cool too Chris, just don't forget to encode the
output with htmlspecialchars() or htmlentities() if you're using php hdm :-)

~ MaXe

Chris Glanville wrote:
I think the this really looks great- not to mention it'll be a great
tool.  The UI and layout was very well done!

A few ideas:
- I think it would be helpful to leave the search criteria in the text
box after a search (or display the search criteria somewhere on the
page)
- It would be nice if the search criteria was in the URI so that if
you needed to link to a certain search (to send an email etc) you
could

Again- it looks great!  Can't wait to see what else is to come now
that you'll be working on the project full time!

Hi everyone,

We have a very early version of an exploit browser available on the
Metasploit web site. There is still quite a bit of work to do, but the
goal is to make it easy to see what exploits Metasploit has and what
parameters are needed to run them. If you have any feedback or
suggestions please let me know.

Example:
http://www.metasploit.com/modules/auxiliary/admin/cisco/ios_http_auth_bypass

We now also support cross-linking between OSVDB and Metasploit, using
the OSVDB ID as a search key in the exploit browser.

-HD