Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Hello from Rapid7!

From: Rob Fuller <mubix () room362 com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:26:31 -0400

As simply a community member, not formally attached to Metasploit in any
way, I want to say welcome. In many ways, as you have stated, both sides are
not at all new to the other, and this simply seems like a positive move for
both parties. I am sure there are those in the community that are mad, or
have complaints about such commercializing (as they see it) of a project,
and rightfully so as time and time again the track record for deals like
this leave the community high and dry. However, I believe the whole
Metasploit Dev Team is so engrossed in the community / community aspect of
the project, that by effect, the majority of the community has faith that
the dev team wouldn't let anything happen, and in time I'm sure Rapid7 will
be included in that trust. Where this is all going is that I wanted to say
we appreciate your email, and look forward to the Metasploit Framework only
getting better.

--
Rob Fuller | Mubix
Room362.com | Hak5.org | TheAcademyPro.com