Metasploit mailing list archives

Sqlninja & Metasploit race condition patch

From: hdm at metasploit.com (HD Moore)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:42:49 -0500

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 19:35 +0200, Raul Siles wrote:
Hi there,
Quick post releasing a patch to fix a race condition in the
integration of sqlninja & metasploit:
http://radajo.blogspot.com/2009/09/sqlninja-metasploit.html

Due to the increasing amount of MSF modules, it takes more time for
msfcli to initialize than in the past.
As a result, we may find this kind of timing issues between the
integration of metasploit and other tools in the future too.

Don't get me wrong, the reason why the fix is required is great...
metasploit continues growing! ;)

One way to get a quick speed boost is to switch to ruby 1.9.1 - the
other is to use msfconsole + the xmlrpc plugin + a custom xmlrpc client
to start exploits immediately (no examples offhand though, you would
have to look at the BeeF integration).

-HD