Metasploit mailing list archives

Small fix in adobe_pdf_embedded_exe.rb

From: jeffs at speakeasy.net (Jeffs)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:28:53 -0400

Okay I have it working now.  Thanks.

My only question is:

The payload indicated by:
 Name        Current Setting   Required  Description
   ----        ---------------   --------  -----------
   EXENAME                       no        The Name of payload exe.

is that supposed to be the name of an msfpayload generated payload and
than attached to the pdf during this metasploit session

or

an existing payload already on the target system.

The wording is a little confusing here.

Thanks.

Danilo Nascimento wrote:
I was playing with adobe_pdf_embedded_exe.rb in Win 7 and i got an
error "Windows cannot find 'c:\\windows\system32\cmd.exe'".
Changed to "c:\" and it works fine.

BTW, why this module is an exploit? I think this exploit should be
moved to an auxiliary module.
Are there anyway to use FILEFORMAT class in an auxiliary module?

[]'s Danilo Nascimento