Metasploit mailing list archives

Fundamentals of Exploit Development class

From: nhoughton at sourcefire.com (Nigel Houghton)
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 20:19:07 -0400

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 6:34 PM, H D Moore <hdm at metasploit.com> wrote:
On Tue, 12 May 2009 17:17:18 -0500, Nigel Houghton
<nhoughton at sourcefire.com> wrote:

We've run the class before and it's been extremely well received and
very successful, so if you want to get in on the exploit development
action, sign up and we'll see you there. One more thing, this is a
Sourcefire VRT run class, so you'll be getting the information
straight from the horses mouth (so to speak), no fluff, no cheese,
straight up exploit knowledge. (We might even drop some 0day, we did
last time)

Does this include any of the basics for writing Metasploit modules, or just
exploits in general? What's the tie-in for posting this on the Metasploit
list? :-)

The class takes you from knowing nothing at all to being able to write
an exploit. It should get you in a position to be able to use the
Metasploit framework in an effective manner and hopefully, you'll be
able to take the next step and start writing Metasploit modules. We
get you to the point where you understand the nuts and bolts of
exploitation, you should be able to read the actual exploit code in
Metasploit modules and know exactly what is happening.

I think the natural progression would be to start writing custom
Metasploit based attacks instead of just running what you get with the
Metasploit distribution.

Oh, and you get to meet Pusscat in person :D

Totally worth any possible fee you may charge.

Absolutely, I get to share a double-wide cube with Pusscat everyday :D

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist