Metasploit mailing list archives

Problem with meterpreter, priv, hashdump, etc.

From: wfdawson at bellsouth.net (wfdawson at bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:46:21 +0000

 Thanks for your reply!

Of course, that is probably the reason for hashdump not working.  But, is it expected that attempting to run hashdump
will spoil the meterpreter session from that point forward?  My ls command worked, then I tried hashdump, which did not
work, and from that point forward, ls and nothing else would work in that session.  If I exited the session and
restarted msfconsole and started a new meterpreter session, I could ls... curious.

As the compromised system not physically with me, right-clicking anything is a bit of a challenge. :-)
 -------------- Original message from rogue <wullie19 at ntlworld.com>: --------------

Hi there,

I know you said you started msfconsole as root but to dump the hashes the
meterpreter has to be running with the appropriate privileges. Try right
clicking it and run as administrator and see if that helps.

-rogue