Metasploit mailing list archives

Encrypt meterpreter/reverse_tcp connection

From: natron at invisibledenizen.org (natron)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 12:36:35 -0600

I've done some goofy things with downloadexec and some port forwarding
stuff.  You can drop plink.exe to connect back to your SSH server and
forward a local port to your SSH/msf server, then compile
meterpreter/reverse_tcp to point to 127.0.0.1:forwarded_port.  Wrap it
all in an SFX archive keyed to launch your controlling script (batch,
vbs, etc) to handle execution flow.

There's a ticket open to implement rudimentary XOR 'encryption' so
it's at least not recognizable or cleartext like it is now, but that's
not made it into the dev tree yet.