Metasploit mailing list archives

URGENT: Metasploit Update Problem (yet again)

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:19:48 +0000

2009/1/15 Professor 0110 <professor0110 at gmail.com>:
Hello everyone,
I have yet another problem with the Metasploit Online Update feature.
This is what happens when I try and update the Metasploit Framework:
Updating the Metasploit Framework...
svn: XML parser failed in 'modules\encoders\x86'
svn: Malformed XML: not well-formed <invalid token> at line 1
svn: Working copy '.' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks <type 'svn help cleanup' for details>
------------------------
And when I attempt to run SVN cleanup, I receive the following output:
svn: '.' is not a working copy directory
What should I do now? As I have stated before, I am a noob with using SVN.
Any help to resolve this problem will be much appreciated! :)

Unless you've made changes to the repo that you want to keep I'd just
delete it and then check it out again with:

  svn co http://metasploit.com/svn metasploit

Robin

Cheers,
Professor 0110