Metasploit mailing list archives

Client side attacks

From: wullie19 at ntlworld.com (rogue)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 23:37:55 +0000

Thanks for your answer

Your right I should have been more clear. It was a permissions issue but ive
got ive got it sussed.

-rogue

rogue wrote:
Hi list.

First off I know this isn't strictly speaking a metasploit issue and
would like to apologise for this in advance.

I'm trying to create a direct download link to a meterpreter exe on a web
server for use in a clientside attack. The problem is I when I do this
with an archive the browser automatically starts the download process.
But when I attempt this with an exe I just get an error.

I would really appreciate it if someone could send me some links on
how
to do this sort of thing.

Thanks

-rogue

Rogue,

I think you're going to have to provide a lot more context, and explain
what you mean. What error do you get, and what do you mean by an
"archive"? Which Web server? Browser?

Ron