Metasploit mailing list archives

Is Meterpreter Reverse HTTP works with IE6 on WinXP sp3 and WinVista's IE7?

From: naplanetu at gmail.com (Taras P. Ivashchenko)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:01:30 +0300

Anthony, thanks a lot!)

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 02:47 +0500, Anthony Sapozhnikov wrote:
 Taras, may be the following link helps you:

http://blog.invisibledenizen.org/2009/02/updating-passivex-handler-to-work-with.html

2009/2/21 Taras P. Ivashchenko <naplanetu at gmail.com>
         Hello, list!

        Imho, reverse connect through HTTP proxy is one of most wanted
        features
        for client side attacks in penetration tests. Using of
        corporate proxy
        looks as standard for example in Russia. I tried to test it
        with WinXP
        sp2 and IE6 and proxy and it seems to not working :(
        Yesterday I also tested it on Windows Vista and IE7 without
        any proxy (I
        also switch off antivirus, windows defender and switch down
        IE's policy)
        but also it didn't work :( At same time reverse_tcp worked
        fine (when
        there is no proxy).

        --
        ????? ???????? (Taras Ivashchenko), OSCP
        www.securityaudit.ru

mailto: Anton.Sapozhnikov at gmail.com