Metasploit mailing list archives

MS08-067 / SMB Version / Language Detection

From: think.pink at gmx.de (think.pink at gmx.de)
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 15:08:02 +0100

Initiate a svn update - it should be fixed now.

bt #  svn update
U    modules/exploits/windows/smb/ms08_067_netapi.rb
Updated to revision 5824.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 15:03:19 +0100
Von: MaXe <metafan at intern0t.net>
An: Thomas Werth <security at vahle.de>
CC: framework at spool.metasploit.com
Betreff: Re: [framework] MS08-067 / SMB Version / Language Detection

I got exactly the same error, and i've even tried searching for
Rex::Proto::SMB and read_timeout
in the exploit module, but weren't able to find it, i guess this has
something to do with the svn update
to the SMB "libraries" right? (at least i saw they were updated last
time i updated)

I've also tried deleting my modcache and the saved config without any
luck, looks like it's not the
actual module itself but rather a part in the Core i guess, i hope it
soon gets fixed cause i don't know
how to do that hehe :)

~ MaXe

Thomas Werth wrote:
I can confirm this error. Having same msg when trying out ms08_067 with
latest svn code ...

HaJin schrieb:

Hi,

The new smb scanner works perfectly for XP SP2/3 Polish version but now
when i try to run ms08_067 exploit after "binding to #{handle}" i get the
following error:

[-] Exploit failed: undefined method `read_timeout=' for
#<Rex::Proto::SMB::SimpleClient:0xb694fd70>

and a similiar one for SP3 (only the number at the end changes to
0xb6be1214).

Anyone else has this problem ?