Metasploit mailing list archives

Ms08_067 on Win2k3 ITA

From: diaul at devilopers.org (diaul at devilopers.org)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:51:16 +0100

Hi

During a Penetration Test I quickly add some targets:

   10  Windows 2003 SP2 English Windows Update Before MS08-067 (NX)
   59  Windows 2003 SP0 Italian (NO NX)
   60  Windows 2003 SP1 Italian (NO NX)
   61  Windows 2003 SP1 Italian (NX)
   62  Windows 2003 SP2 Italian (NO NX)
   63  Windows 2003 SP2 Italian (NX)
   64  Windows 2003 SP2 Italian Windows Update Before MS08-067 (NX)

This is not the best technique, (but for me is the most faster during this PenTest) because shell32.dl change multiple
times from SP2 to Full Patch Version.
The solution should be to use a more stable dll (between different SP) o a different chain but at the moment I'm to
busy to search a new one.

btw hope that helps.

Diaul