Metasploit mailing list archives

IE7 Default Settings

From: natron at invisibledenizen.org (natron)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:24:43 -0600

And btw, I compared the wrong ones when I put that list in below.
What I meant to say was:

Potential for exploitation:
# 1208 ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allow previously unused ActiveX
controls to run without prompt ^
# 1209 ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allow Scriptlets
# 1607 Miscellaneous: Navigate sub-frames across different domains
# 1805 Launching programs and files in webview #
# 1806 Miscellaneous: Launching applications and unsafe files

Potential for phishing/SE:
# 206 Miscellaneous: Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Web browser control ^
# 2103 Scripting: Allow status bar updates via script ^
# 2104 Miscellaneous: Allow websites to open windows without address
or status bars ^
# 2105 Scripting: Allow websites to prompt for information using
scripted windows ^
# 2200 Downloads: Automatic prompting for file downloads ** ^

Unknown:
# 1207 Reserved #
# 1408 Reserved #
# 1807 Reserved ** #