Metasploit mailing list archives

successful exploitation... help on script

From: jeffs at speakeasy.net (jeffs)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:51:09 -0500

Hmmm.... that's strange because I can manually kill processes using ps,
and its my own machine I have admin rights....

H D Moore wrote:
Error "5" is usually 0xc0000005, aka "ACCESS_DENIED", sounds like the
shell you obtained doesnt have privileges to kill the AV process. We
should probably handle the error better in the script and keep processing
even after the first kill fails.