Metasploit mailing list archives

No encoder encoded the buffer.

From: sairam.mp at freescale.com (M P Sairam)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:40:11 +0530

Hi Giuseppe,
    There are 2 cases here

   1. The Encoded Payload size generated is exceeding the limit of
      payload space available for that particular exploit.
   2. There could be some bad characters present in the Encoded Payload.

Please try using some other encoding like x86/alpha_mixed. I guess it
could have some bad characters in the encoded payload. I guess it should
work. Here it has bad characters present in the encoded payload.

Regards,
sairam

giuseppe pugliares wrote:
I'm tryng to use shell/reverse_tcp payload with
windows/iis/ms02_018_htr exploit, but when i launch exploit i receive
No encoder encoded the buffer successfuly.
Any idea?

Thanks.

Giuseppe Pugliares