Metasploit mailing list archives

Reflective DLL Injection

From: harmonysecurity at gmail.com (Harmony Security)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:07:25 +0000

Hi Jun

NB: Sorry if this message is a dupe, I have some problems sending to this list.

From what I saw, this is somewhat similar to the idea of http://phrack.org/issues.html?issue=63&id=11&mode=txt, isnt
it??

I just read over the paper you mentioned and yes its a similar-ish
idea for loading ELF files. The main differences I can see (apart from
the PE/ELF specifics) is that their loader seems to completely replace
the target process's main executable image in memory with a new
executable image as opposed to injecting an independent library and
their loader is shellcode tacked on to the end of an ELF executable
while the reflective loader is a self contained c function exported by
the DLL.

Is this available in the development tree now? If so, is there any plan to support Linux & other *nix soon?

A payload stage and a modified windows vnc dll are allready in the dev
tree and support for the windows meterpreter server and its extensions
is coming.

Kind Regards

Stephen Fewer