Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit - Linux Client Exploitation - Meterpreter Payload

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:24:44 -0700

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 07:19:31PM +0200, Reinhard Wagner wrote:
Hello.

I'm looking for an linux exploit which is able  to chose meterpreter as
payload, but there is no actual exploit in the framework for it ? I'm
doing a post exploitation lab and the remote clients are linux machines.
The only possibility to write it on my own , is it right ?

Unfortunately, meterpreter is currently only supported on Windows.
Samuel Dralet & Julien Tinnes have been working on Meterpretux, a Posix
version of meterpreter, but I don't think it's been released at this
point.