Metasploit mailing list archives

Exploit failed: create failed (with solaris/sunrpc/solaris_sadmind_exec)

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 11:27:06 -0700

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 02:27:25PM -0400, arthur zhang wrote:
Thanks, it does help. Now I got:
msf exploit(solaris_sadmind_exec) > exploit
[*] Started bind handler
[*] attempting to determine hostname
[*] found hostname: nstest1
[-] exploit failed

Should I try another payload? 'show payloads' for this exploit doesn't give
the solaris/x86/x payloads, should I try them anyway. As my understanding,
the generic/x and cmd/x are script payloads while the solaris/x86/x are
binary payloads, am I right? Thanks.

This exploit is a for a command execution flaw so you should only see
the command execution payloads (you won't see the solaris/x86/...
payloads).