Metasploit mailing list archives

Executable Download and Execute - payload

From: nicolas.ruff at gmail.com (Nicolas RUFF)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 21:17:42 +0100

Could anyone tell me why when I am debugging program which is executing
"Windows Executable Download and Execute" payload then it occurs problem
with SEH executing - ollydbg says that debugged program can't handle the
exception and after that it terminates the program. But, when I run this
program normally - it is not debugged - then this program with you
shellcode works properly.

        Hello,

Sorry for coming late and maybe off-topic.

In most cases, exception-based shellcode debugging issues on Windows are
due to the fact that Unhandled Exception Filter is *not* called when a
program is being debugged.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms680634(VS.85).aspx

If you are using OllyDbg, trying to hide the debugger with some cool
plugin like OllyAdvanced.

Regards,
- Nicolas RUFF