Metasploit mailing list archives

Minimal msf

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:38:36 -0600

Not many -- most of the space is taken up by libraries which are shared
between the different user interfaces. If you try to delete the
UI-specific code, it doesnt save much space, and will require some code
to be modified to not to load those files.

If you are intent on saving space, some things you can do:

1. Delete all of the .svn directories. You lose the ability to do an
online update, but this halves the total storage requirement.

2. Delete the external/ subdirectory. These libraries and files are
useful, but not necessary.

3. Delete the tools/ and documentation/ subdirectory. Some things might
break (MSFGUI) if the documentation/LICENSE file is missing, but if youre
just intent on using the console, this shouldn't be a problem.

4. Delete the data/msgui/ and data/msfweb/ directories if you dont plan on
using these interfaces.

Anything more than that and you may run into problems.

-HD