Metasploit mailing list archives

Meterpreter on Windows 2003

From: eldoro at hushmail.com (eldoro at hushmail.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:25:49 +0100

Hi,

I've generated a windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp executable with
msfpayload that I want to use on my fully patched test system
(Windows 2003 Server, Service Pack 2).

The generated exe correctly connects back to my metasploit console
but after that is immediately terminated on the server machine.

I believe this is related to the intermediate stager or DLLinject
stage that fails if DEP is enabled. If I disable DEP everything
seems to work.

How can I work around this problem ? Is there some console tool
that can disable DEP on a per-process basis or globally without
restarting the machine ?

Thanks

--
Get the Best Credit Offers - Apply Now!