Metasploit mailing list archives

readline support for ubuntu install?

From: mexirican50 at hotmail.com (Christopher Astacio)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 03:40:27 +0000

Hello,

I have just installed 3.1 on Gutsy.  According to the user docs readline support is suggested for tab completion while
in msfconsole.  However, after following instructions for a ubuntu install on the metasploit support page, I can't seem
to tab complete lines while in msfconsole.  If I type in use wind in msfconsole would expect that readline support
would complete the line to use windows/.  That is not the case.  Is there something missing from the ubuntu install
instructions?