Metasploit mailing list archives

http connect proxy support?

From: tmaletic at gmail.com (Tim Maletic)
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 22:22:04 -0500

Dear Frameworkers:

I'm debugging an http exploit and want to watch it come and go even when
over SSL, so I'm attempting to use the Proxies environment variable to
shovel the exploit through a local web proxy (such as spike proxy or
webscarab).

After checking everything twice I still get nothing but "Unsupported proxy
type and/or version" from the framework.

The "Chainable Proxies" section of the Users Guide says HTTP Connect proxies
are supported via the proxy type "http", but grepping through the sources I
find a section of lib/rex/socket/comm/local.rb starting at line 214 that
seems to only code for the proxy type socks4.

What gives?  Is proxy type "http" not supported after all?  Or (more likely)
am I being dense?
-tm