Metasploit mailing list archives

aggressive.rb

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:58:15 -0700

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 10:38:54AM -0500, Samuel McIngvale wrote:
I was wondering if there was an equivalent way to do this in ruby (execute
the shellcode).  That way, the entire vulnerable server could be something
like (using metasploit functions):

create_tcp_Server
buf = sock.get()
return into buf  # somehow execute buf, which is just shellcode

It is possible to do this, but you would have to write some C code that
you can call into from Ruby that would basically execute the string
passed in as a parameter to a method call.  We have some code like this
that we use to test the encoders included in the framework.  The thing
to keep in mind here is that you would only be able to execute shellcode
that is native to the operating system that you're running Ruby on.  For
instance, if you're using Metasploit on Windows, you'd only be able to
run the Windows shellcode.