Metasploit mailing list archives

Windows Transparent Authentication updates

From: grutz at jingojango.net (Kurt Grutzmacher)
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 21:44:32 -0600

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 10:54:36PM +0200, Jonatan B wrote:
Then you'll be excited to see Dan Kaminsky tunnels everything over
a browser:

Yeah, I was there and got some ideas from his work but he's using the browser
as a network tunnel with SLiRP. You still can't turn the browser into a proxy
server that local clients can connect to to reach your server. His attack
simply turns it into a routing node for you to connect through to the
internal network. Think of BEEF but without the Javascript. :)

The CNAME DNS 'pinning' idea is pretty nice. I like how nobody listens
to the TTL anymore.

--
                 ..:[ grutz at jingojango dot net ]:..
     GPG fingerprint: 5FD6 A27D 63DB 3319 140F  B3FB EC95 2A03 8CB3 ECB4