Metasploit mailing list archives

Using Scapy dissectors in Metasploit

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:19:42 -0500

Looks good -- I will integrate pcaprub/scruby tonight and configure an
exploit mixin to use them. Pcaprub is missing a few methods, but these
are easy to integrate from my pcapx codebase.  I do have two more feature
requests for scruby, if you don't mind:

1) Expose the Scruby version number in a class method somewhere, so that
the min version can be checked by the caller.

2) Instead of puts "Warning" or puts "Fatal" for missing dnet/pcapruby,
use a raise RuntimeError, "message" instead. This lets a caller trap the
error gracefully. The call to exit(0) in scruby for missing Pcaprub is an
issue, since if the caller doesnt look for Pcaprub first, their entire
process will exit when they try to load scruby.

I plan on extending the supported link layers to include the 802.11 types,
whats the best way for me to send you patches?

-HD