Metasploit mailing list archives

Defcon 15 Speech - Trying to *borrow* the demo

From: angelisonline at gmail.com (Mr Gabriel)
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:04:25 +0100

Hey guys, I've been watching the speech that HDM, and Valsmith gave
at defcon, and I want to try and emulate the demo they did at the
end. I know HDM, and Val are probably reading this email anyway, so a
quick message to them - I'm not trying to steal your demo... okay,
well I am, it was just such a powerful demo, you guys made it seem so
easy to own an entire network.

Okay, what I got so far, is this.

Preparation:
Running, working socks service
Running, working apache service
Running, working squid service, with transparent proxying

Step One:- Inject DNS name WPAD

Step Two:- Redirect them to your own spoofed site, regardless of what
website they try go to.
Aim is, to get them to create an SMB connection back to you.

Step Three:- Get them to provide you with their password for
connecting to shares

Step Four:- Using that same password, connect back to them, and
upload your shellcode

Step Five:- When the shell code runs, it should connect back to you,
giving you remote access to the entire system.

Feel free to correct my mistakes, and stuff like that - add extra
techie details, laugh at my stupidness, whatever! So long as we end
up with a working writeup, that maybe we could all take to work, and
land a few more clients :)