Metasploit mailing list archives

Multistage payload help

From: j_fast_and_the_furious at hotmail.com (scotty to hotty)
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 02:00:51 +0000

Hi, im new to metasploit but not to exploiting.... i have been using
metasploit shellcodes for a week now and wanted some help on multistaged payloads
.Im not too sure on how i could add a multistage payload to my python
scipt exploit.im exploiting a program witch i made. and i know my exploit is running
perfectly since i used single stage payloads and they all execute as i want. is
there any sample exploit with a multistage payload i could find?
preferably meterpreter or vnc. Anyways all i need to know is how to go about
multistaging my exploits.

 Right now im quite fuzzy on the subject. does the first stage listen on
a port and the second stage connects to that listening port and sends
second stage witch then upgrades to meterpreter or vnc? or does the first
stage open a listening port and the second stage is sent to the exploited
programs port and is executed.

 Please clarify this for me. like i said some example code written in
python would help.

P.S thnx for the help.