Metasploit mailing list archives

Using encoded payload in executable

From: c0r31mp4ct at gmail.com (C0r3 1mp4ct)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:01:08 +0200

You were right! The article says that it is important to have ecx
point to the base of decoder stub.
With that 5 extra instruction esp is popped into ecx. That is right.

But the payload still doesn't work:
"Access violation when reading 0xFFFFFFFF"

The last instruction which causes the error is POP SS after INC ESP.