Metasploit mailing list archives

[PHP_Exploit]Problem

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 08:46:52 -0500

A few things to check:
* The target is running 32-bit x86
* The heap area is marked executable or the CPU does not support NX
* Hardening patches, like grsec, have not been installed

Finally, if you can, cat /proc/[pid of apache child that has handled
PHP]/maps and look at the first [heap] segment. Make sure this matches up
with your target parameters.

-HD