Metasploit mailing list archives

Need help pls (error)

From: energy at nerdshack.com (L.S)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 19:50:31 +0200

Hi I dont have any over-zealous security software running on this xp-sp2
system at all, got more idea's?

Thanks again.

godzeye godzeye wrote:
expert!

2007/5/28, H D Moore <hdm at metasploit.com <mailto:hdm at metasploit.com>>:

    No, thats all I can think of, the software is throwing an
    exception trying
    to create a socket. This is usually caused by some over-zealous
    security
    software intercepting socket operations. You could try accessing
    the "Ruby Shell" link from the start menu (in the same folder as the
    Metasploit3 link, Online Update, etc) and the typing in the
    following two
    commands:

    require "socket"
    c = TCPServer.new(4444).accept()

    If either of these throws an error, something is preventing Ruby from
    creating a TCP service. This has nothing to do with the Framework.

    -HD