Metasploit mailing list archives

exploit completed, but no session was created

From: tim.e.mcguire at gmail.com (Timothy McGuire)
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 17:48:18 -0500

Hello,

I installed a vulnerable version of shttpd on a test windows XP box and I'm
now trying to get the shttpd exploit to work.  With the payloads I've tried,
I always get,  "exploit completed, but no sesssion was created"

on the test machine, I see that in access.log the post requests are coming
through but are not triggering the expected commands.  for example, running
arbitrary commands (notepad)  or doing shell_reverse_tcp.

using default port 4444 on local machine

not sure what else to try.  Should I give up on shttpd and try another
vulnerable product?