Metasploit mailing list archives

An extra repository for exploits got by mailinglist

From: rhyskidd at gmail.com (Rhys Kidd)
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 23:51:46 +0800

IMHO, I think the current system works quite well. msf-dev's are happy
to accept contributions or submissions from the user community, and as
has been seen in the past and my own experience, it usually doesn't
take a great deal of time for one to be vetted and included in the SVN
tree if it is of high quality.

Of course nothing stops you from copy'ing in a public submission first
had, giving it a cursory check over to make sure it's not doing
anything odd, etc.

By creating a second teir repository, I feel it'd lessen the
collaborative atmosphere, as user's might feel their code isn't
treated at the same level as core sections. While the open source
nature means a resourceful community member could provide patches for
any module category, it's usually the exploits section that benefits
most from a larger base of skilled writers creating functional
'sploits. Anything which might dampen the efforts of these
contributors should be thought about closely..