Metasploit mailing list archives

learning buffer overflows

From: exceed at email.si (/dev/null)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:54:12 +0100

Hi,

first off, sorry for being offtopic and unpolite. I know this is not the right
list for questions like mine, but anyway... people here are nice and they have
knowledge so maybe someone will help...

I'm trying to learn buffer overflows and have already conqured some basic
knowledge. But when it comes to the "real thing" BOFs could be real PITA.
Recently I came across buffer overflow in  Multicast Information (mrinfo.exe)
in Windows XP SP2. I didn't find this issue myself of course. This is an old
and well known bug.

To cut a long and boring story short. Here's the link with (wanna be) perl
exploit:

http://localhostr.com/files/0dd54859f6734930a94b.zip

If anyone is willing to help - more informations and questions are included in
perl script.

Thank you very much.
/ex.

http://www.email.si/