Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit on Windows

From: tomb at byrneit.net (Tomas L. Byrnes)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:59:09 -0800

The only reason I ever used the Windows implementation was to make a
point in a SANS Tooltalk, by running it on windows home edition, and
then cracking a simulated bank site using an SSL tunneled attack. For
any real pen testing, I use a Linux VM anyway.

If you could make a VMWare community appliance at the same time as
dropping Cygwin support, rather than "Some time in the future", then I
would say you had all the bases covered, and it would, hopefully, free
up resources.